ASPIRE – Activity, Sport and Play for the Inclusion of Refugees in Europe
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The ASPIRE Final Conference on sport for inclusion will take place on 14 June 2019 in Frankfurt, Germany, to bring together a wide range of stakeholders, such as practitioners, experts and decision-makers from sport governing bodies, sport organisations, sport+ and +sport organisations, NGOs, foundations, think thanks, research institutes, universities and governments in the field of social inclusion through sport.
The aim of the Conference is to share expert and proven advice to success, facilitate exchange and raise awareness on the added value of sport in promoting sport for inclusion. We willpresent the key scientific results, conclusions and recommendations on the potential, challenges and successes of sport as a context to helping the social inclusion of migrants and refugees.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet the keynote speakers from various professional fields, join parallel workshops and panel discussions on how sport clubs can develop and sustain participation opportunities for migrants and refugees.
It is also expected to be a platform for addressing the actions of the Call to Action on Sport for Refugees.
Your place is with us on 14 June 2019 in Frankfurt a.M., Germany, if you would like to:
- Know how to base your #sport4refugees activities on proven strategies and experience-based foundations;
- Implement and sustain suitable sport opportunities for migrants and refugees;
- Make #sport4inclusion a priority in your organisation; and
- Exchange with like-minded people to get support.
Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (DOSB) e.V.
60528 Frankfurt am Main
By S-Bahn, Train:
S7, S8, S9 Lines - "Frankfurt Station" stop (+ 12 min walking )
From Frankfurt Airport aprox. 25min
From Frankfurt Main Train Station (Hauptbanhof) aprox. 20min
11:00-11:30 Opening & Introduction of the ASPIRE project (ASPIRE, DOSB, EPAS)
11:30-12:30 Symposium on Research and Evidence-base
- Research and Evidence-base on the potential of sport as a context to helping the social inclusion of migrants and refugees as well as challenges and key to success
- International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE), Social Impact Consultancy Athlead working with leading sport-for-development organisations and foundations in the area of sport for refugees
12:30-13:30 Networking Lunch Break
13:30-15:30 Parallel Workshops on Capacity Building and Leadership
- Capacity Building Workshop on offering and sustaining suitable participation opportunities for migrants and refugees (The Good Lobby, Minor Ndako, Catalan Union of Sport Federations).
- Leadership Workshop on developing sport for refugees as a priority in the organisation (Sport Inclusion Network (SPIN), Football Against Racism (FARE), Play International, The European Sports NGO/ASPIRE, FairPlay initiative, SchweryCade).
15:30-16:00 Networking Break
16:00-17:00 High-Level Panel Discussion on Collaboration and Sustainability
- Discussion on collaboration to share tools, experiences and create opportunities to exchange
- Discussion on sustainable support to sport organisations to include refugees into their activities and management structures Refugee Referee, The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), UEFA, Barcelona Foundation, Corporate Social Responsibility of Prodyna.
17:00-17:30 Conclusions & Closing Remarks (ENGSO, Responsiball).