UFEC is a non-profit organisation that represents Catalan sports federations in order to defend their rights and support them to empower the sector. Today UFEC is the umbrella organisation of 69 sport federations, with 561.601 federated licenses and 7.898 federated clubs.
Our mission is to:
- Represent and safeguard the interests of Catalan sport;
- Establish the conditions necessary to promote sport;
- Safeguard the image and ensure the presence of Catalan sports at national, state and international levels in promotion, coaching and competitions;
- Provide technical assistance to clubs and federations;
- Promote and disseminate the culture and principles of the Olympic movement.
Overview on our activities
UFEC strives to:
- Become the umbrella organization of Catalan sport.
- Effectively manage public and private resources.
- Defend the interests of the sports sector.
- Ensure the rights to develop the activities of their organisations.
Our values are:
- Integrity and transparency;
- Fair play and sportsmanship;
- Cooperation and teamwork;
- Involvement and sense of belonging.
What have we done so far in the field of social inclusion?
The Social Action Unit in the Unió de Federacions Esportives de Catalunya (Catalan Union of Sports Federations- UFEC) has launched its INSERsport program, aimed at young people at risk of social exclusion, who are users of the third sector organisations with which UFEC has created synergies for networking. This partnership has been extended and now its main focus is in the sports federations and clubs which have an understanding of this problem. Over ten sports federations and third sector organisations are already taking part in this program. There are currently 85 youths taking part INSERsport, some of whom are refugees.
We are highly motivated because we are convinced that, through sport, the refugees can improve their health and quality of life in general and take part in the social life of host communities. Furthermore, they can get a qualification and find a job in sports centres.
What is our role in the ASPIRE project?
- National training sessions: UFEC will be responsible for coordinating the organisation of a training sessions in Catalonia to raise awareness of the added value of sport in promoting the social inclusion of refugees.
- By organising a meeting with all the partners in Barcelona in October/November 2017.
- We have close contacts with 69 sport federations and with more than 12.500 sport clubs in Catalonia and we have synergies with the NGO’s who work with refugees. We aslo work with refugees in the INSERsport project.
Who is the person involved on behalf of our organisation?
Milena de Murga
- 2016 Leadership and management for NGOs (ESADE).
- 2002 Social Educator Qualification. Association of social educators in Catalonia.
- 2002 Master in Criminology. Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB).
- 2008 Degree in Criminology. University of Girona (UDG).
- 1998 Degree in Psychology. University of Barcelona (UB). Member of the Spanish Psychology Bar with number 13868.
- 2015-now- Social Area responsible from UFEC, UFEC foundation director.
- Project manager and job trainer in the field of sports for young people at risk of social exclusion.
- 2014-16 – Catalan Sailing Federation. Director of the Social Area. Project manager and job trainer in the field of sailing sports for young people at risk of social exclusion.
- 2013-14 – Family Violence Services of the Benestar i Desenvolupament Association. Conducting family, group and couple therapy.
- 2008-2013 Service and information to women at different town halls near Barcelona. Responsible for group and individual therapy, including for women and teenagers.
- International cooperation
Plus: International cooperation (Nicaragua/Colombia/ Chili/ Madagascar)
Police teacher, therapist, educator in juvenile centers